Tuesday, September 2, 2014

This Week in America-land...

While out and about, we drove by a billboard advertising a fried bologna velveeta biscuit.  I kid you not.  I thought it was some kind of joke, but nope, it's for real.  Now I know why I never visit Hardee's.  Apparently it looks like this:



I couldn't find it on Hardee's Nutrition Guide, funny that.  Bologna, blegh!!   

We were driving in the countryside at the weekend when we came across a truck with flashing lights in the middle of the road and a bunch of people in florescent vests picking up trash.  On the back of the vests in huge writing was "I am a drunk driver".  It was a group of people convicted of drunk driving doing their community service by picking up trash - what an awesome idea, the UK should practice this too!  But no doubt it would violate some kind of Health and Safety or Human Rights rule...



Almost every time I visit Walmart, I see questionable things.  I normally just keep my head down and ignore, but I was guilty of rolling my eyes at a young man who almost ran me over as he tried to park in the space close to the door for pregnant women.  Huge mistake.  He jumped out and started yelling at me, asking what was my problem.  I then proceeded to break my personal speed record, sprinting for the safety of the store.  A reminder to keep my eye rolls to myself in the future.    

I love my American kitchen tap (faucet).  You can lift the top off of the tap and it turns into a retractable hose.  How bleedin' handy is that?!  If we ever move back to the UK, this is one thing I will miss terribly!



And the last observation this week is that it is always a good idea to know if your tent is waterproof or not.  Make sure that you know this before you go camping with your kids and dog and get hit by a massive thunderstorm.  Yes indeed.  We got absolutely soaked and the tent floor turned into a small lake.  On the plus side, at least the tent didn't blow away in the crazy wind gusts - the water weight probably helped with that.  

Until next time in America-land, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment